Wednesday 13 December 2006

What A Day For A Daydream

It's beautiful out there. Gorgeous. Lots of wind and rain leading to flooding everywhere. It's good weather for ducks or so they say. But who are 'they', and how do they know that ducks love the type of weather that involves driving rain that comes down from the sky at such vicious angles? If I were a duck I think I'd probably prefer to paddle about in a pond with the sun on my back warming my feathers, but what do I know, I'm not a duck.Anyway, I cheated, the pictures above were not taken today. There was no way in hell I was going to stand outside taking pictures of ducks. It was too wild for such idiotic behaviour. The photos were taken about 18 months ago in Wellington, New Zealand. I was in New Zealand for 3 weeks and the only time I had bad weather was the 2 days I spent in Wellington. It was weather much like today actually and you don't want to be in Wellington when the rain starts, it's not called the windy city for nothing. The rain gets blown in from the coast and then funneled through the streets by the tall buildings consequently you get soaked through to the skin in minutes. Ironically when I was in Wellington the only time it stopped raining was for about a 30 minute period when I was standing over this duck pond.

Disclaimer: Today's post title was brought to you by a song once played by The Lovin' Spoonful, it was either that or Travis's Why Does It Always Rain On Me, I thought this was at least a bit more positive.

No comments: