Thursday 21 June 2007

Its On Repeat This Week

New semi-regular interactive post where I share what I'm listening to at the moment of writing and you do the same, hopefully along the way new music will be discovered by all that play along.

Two songs By Amy MacDonald - Mr Rock N Roll and Poison Prince. Amy is a singer songwriter with a mature deep singing voice and is only 19 so hopefully there will be much more to come from her.

One by Cheikh Lo - I've been playing Sante Yalla for a few months now, can't seem to get enough of this Senegalese tune.

Air Traffic - Shooting Star. Good tune for summer.

Scouting For Girls - Its not about you
Seems to be a lot of British bands coming out with a similar style lately but its a decent enough song nonetheless.

Kings of Leon - Fans

Kate Nash - Foundations.
Kate has grown on me, I wasn't sure if I liked her at first. I initially thought that she was just a Lily Allen rip off, in fact the first time I heard her I thought it was Lily herself but the more often you listen to the track the more often you see subtle differences. Not sure though if we really need both Lily and Kate playing such similar styles of music Hopefully they will go in separate directions.

Angelique Kidjo - Lemanja Another African tune and I have to admit that to having no clue what it is about but it doesn't stop me enjoying the song.

Stephen Speaks - All These Things If it hasn't been on a chick flick movie yet, it will be.

St Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart Sometimes the cover can be better than the original version and this is a case in point

Candie Payne - I Wish I Could Have Loved You More. Similar style to the song above it was through playing Candie that I felt the need to replay St Etienne again.

Tapes N Tapes - To be honest I don't know much about this band at all I came across the song Cowbell by accident and somehow its been played over and over again.

OK now its your turn.








3 comments:

Girl said...

Will give this a think and aim to do it in the next day or so.

Am off to dreamland. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Cat said...

Have a look at Swiss Toni's place (www.swisstoni.blogspot.com) and look for his Earworms feature. A different reader guests each Friday with the tunes which have been running through their head that week - I've done it twice now and he's always happy to have new people onboard. It's a really fun feature and it's always interesting to read what other people have on repeat.

He's at Glastonbury just now so there were no Earworms yesterday, then the week before that he was off getting married, so you'll need to go back a few weeks.

Girl said...

It only took me how long?!

Done and posted.