Sunday 6 August 2006

Reasons Why You Probably Shouldn't Read This Blog

I'm fickle. I'm not a writer and I never considered that I would be one to write a blog. Blogs are supposed to be for writers or for people who lead interesting lives. I can't in all honesty say that I fall under either category. However back in November of last year I did start my first blog. Took months of hard work and effort but eventually I built up a following of 78 regular commenters. I was quite proud of my little following. But then I got writers block. I struggled on writing for a couple of months thinking eventually some divine inspiration would come from somewhere. It didn't. Eventually the frustration got the better of me and I just deleted the blog. No warning, no dramatic goodbyes, it was just gone.
A few weeks went past and I was encouraged to start a blog on Myspace. I blogged for a bit but my heart just wasn't in it. I'm not a fan of 'I Love you, show me some love back' attitude over there. Don't get me wrong, I do like people, but if I consider you a friend I don't feel like I need to tell you every five minutes. I'll be 29 in 11 days time for heavens sake!
So yes, you guessed it, I deleted that blog too. That one was no loss anyway, the first blog I had some some really good stuff on it, but the second blog I never really put in the effort.
So the reason for starting this blog is because I got used to having a release for my inner thoughts. I think way too much. I tend to have 20 thoughts on the go at any one time unfortunately they are all jumbled about amongst each other which can be damn frustrating. It's a part of my dyslexia, I think. Sometimes I can have a really great thought just dying to get pulled out my grey matter but by the time I've typed 15 words a minute the ending of that thought has long been forgotten. So if I were you I would do the sensible thing and not read this blog.

No comments: