Tuesday 14 August 2012

I wasn't too surprised that the Belarussian Shot Putter was stripped of the Gold Medal for doping. When I turned on the recording and watched the putt being thrown in the air I was seriously questioning the accuracy of the commentator in regards to whether I was watching the men's or the women's event. It was only when I saw the next contestant step up that I realised the commentator was right and I was wrong. It wasn't the haircut, or the face that threw me, it was the build. I really thought she just looked like a big burly man. So when it turned out that she failed a drugs test it wasn't a surprise in the least.

Finding out that the winner of the long distance walk from Beijing couldn't defend his Gold medal because of a failed drug test now that is just ridiculous, almost pathetic. I know its an endurance sport, but come on what happened to good old fashioned practice?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"No Writer, Just An Over Thinker" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/08/sites-to-see_17.html